Paduva

Venice is crowded and expensive.  When I was looking at planning I debated - well really I agonized, over hotel options.  I couldn't find anything in Venice that looked comfortable and reliable for under $300 per night.  I pulled back the search window and 27 minutes away by train I found Poduva (aka Podua.)  Poduva is home to the basilica that is home to the remains of St Anthony - one of Jay's late mother's favorite saints.  And it looked like a pleasant little town. The Hotel Grande' Italia is directly across from the train station, a wonderfully modern interior in a 100 year old building. The room was large, with a huge bathroom for about $130 per night.  Breakfast was included and was very good.  The city was charming.  Trains to Venice run every few minutes, the local express trains run about every 20 minutes and arrive in Venice in 27 minutes, for 8.20-euro per person round trip.  









The view of the train station from our room



Comments

Popular Posts