The First


 This was one of the first digital photos I took.  It had to be close to 20 years ago, my first outing with my first real digital camera to a farmers market.  When I saw this and printed it, I knew this was a media that would work for me.  I had bought a toy camera, something like 1 megapixel at Target, that would only hold about 20 images and it ran out of memory.  The images were terrible.  Then I was in an electronics store and they had a small display of digital cameras. I picked up a Konica mirrorless, it had a modest fixed mount zoom lens, a digital screen on the back, and an SLR style viewfinder to a tiny LCD screen.  As I recall is was like 3.2 megapixels.  I bought on a lark, figuring it would be a toy, while I continued do real photography with a Nikon 35mm.  A year or so later I realized I had not finished the roll of film in the Nikon.  

Comments

Popular Posts