Life Reflects Art

There is an exhibit at the Guggenheim Museum in New York City, exploring identity.  This display was four portraits of young men in hoodies,  a symbol of hiding one's identity, and a code of conformity for non-conformists.  And standing there looking at it, is a young man in a hoodie and cap. Art illustrating life, as life looks on.  

I actively avoid sharing photos with recognizable images of strangers. This image hides the identity of the subject, in the same way the art on the wall illustrates hooded sweatshirts being used to camouflage identity.  

Search for these moments of art and life interacting in ways that both reflect the same meaning. 

Nikon D5500 Nikkor DX 18-200, ISO561 30mm f4 1/60s 1/9/2024 
 

Comments

  1. I am one that likes someone to explain art to me. I know many frown on this that I am supposed to 'figure it out myself' but often I don't.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts