Engage all of your senses


 I was out walking a trail one morning, a trail that I have walked hundreds of times, looking up for birds, along the side for flowers.  Using my sense of smell, to locate blooms, or decay such as dead fish. I am also listening, often I hear birds, such as woodpeckers or even Bald Eagles before I see them.  And I heard a rustling in underbrush.  I stopped looked over, and this little girl was looking back at me.  I have seen possums on the road, but never in the wild.  I had to be fast, I think I only got 3 or 4 shots before she disappeared. I never would have seen her, photographed her, if I hadn't been engaging all of my senses.  Taking photographs, he helped me to relearn engaging all of my senses.  It is also a good reason to walk in silence, no headphones, no conversation.   

Comments

Popular Posts