Tool Envy


It is easy to get tool envy, to start to think if only I bought a bigger lens, a new body, it would be easy to capture amazing images. Commentators often make disparaging remarks about "kit lenses" that are often sold in a bundle with new cameras.  These "standard" lenses are often basic, maybe not as feature laden - but they are good lenses.  I have three of them.  Two 18-55 Nikkor lenses, one with advanced image stabilization, one without (I have two D5500 bodies, one came with each.) Included in the package with the first one was a 70-300 Nikkor DX lens.  It does not have image stabilization, it is a little slower. But it is an amazing lens. When I bought the camera Nikon had already stopped making this lens, I expect it was included in the package to help clear out the stock of a discontinued product.  It was replaced with an 18-300 Nikkor DX series lens.  I would like to own one of those, but what I have does what I need.  

It is not the tools, it is what you do with them.   
 

Oh, but what a nice big one. 

Comments

  1. this sounds sensible and more than a bit scurrilous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about a title along the line is his is bigger than mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts