The Weather Outside Was Frightful

Looked out one morning recently, and it was foggy, and getting worse.  It was not raining, but close to it.  A miserable morning, with no sun, I grabbed the camera and drove down along the Potomac River, parked a took a long. walk. The fog moved in and out, as it will, and for the most part things were eerily quiet.  I had seen this boat moored at a waterfront restaurant half a mile up stream.  Then I could hear it, at little more than an idle, the gentle slap of the waves off the hull, and as it approached a bridge, sounding its horn to give notice to any other craft of its presence in a narrow space.  

When the weather is frightful, grab a camera, dress of the weather and capture the rare show.  I have a waterproof point and shoot.  I don't use it often - but it is ideal for a walk in a gentle rain. (I got some great shots in the Blue Lagoon with it.) 

Gone are the days of waiting for a bright sunny day, take the weather as it comes, and see what emerges from the fog.  
 

Comments

Popular Posts