Sometimes Follow The Crowd, Sometimes Not


 I do a fair amount of trail walking with my cameras.  When I see a gathering like this I have two thoughts, first is what are they all trying to get a photo of, and the other is, how can I get the shot and avoid the crowd.  In this case they were following a nesting pair of barred owls and two chicks.  As long as you were quiet and moved slowly, most of them would help you find the birds. 

When I see a photographer stopped, intensely focussed, I slow down, I stay quiet, sometimes I will stop at a distance to allow them to get the shot. If it can be done without disturbing the wildlife, I sometimes ask what they are seeing.  I will share with strangers, things to look for. One of my favorite things is to point out Bald Eagles perched in trees.  

Comments

Popular Posts